01 December 2010

Semi-Formal

NOTE: I seriously did not realise i wrote THIS much, until i posted it and viewed my blog D: so read this 'recount' at your own risk XD

Dresses and suits, food and dancing - hmmm.. well seeing as it was a social event and everyone knows im not very social, it wasnt exactly the best turnout for me XD

I was the first out of my group to arrive at the hotel closely followed by selina, janice and tim. My partner was already there waiting in the lobby but i was still outside when they came, so i stuck with them for 5 mins or so before hesitantly walking in and finding him.. i was scared - would he look good? he told me he would only be wearing a white shirt, and black pants and shoes (from work..) at first when he told me ages ago.. my reaction was.. bad, i have to admit. but i stuck up to it and accepted the fact, thinking it was okay. when he told me he wouldnt be wearing a jacket though, that kinda concerned me a little, because every guy would be wearing one. So.. when i walked in the lobby, he was there and, oh my gosh. i was so surprised. he looked really really good! was wearing a grey shirt instead (because he asked me to choose between purple to match me, or dark grey). it looked completely opposite to what i thought it would look like. at first i thought, 'are those pants and shoes really from work?' well guess what? they werent.

A little background history, my partner had been keeping a secret from me for a month or so. hed always be like, "im in the city doing the secret" or "im paying off the secret" or "i just did the secret in front of your eyes" and you know, id always frustrate me because i was so curious. well he told me that he would eventually tell me on the night of my formal. i came up with many resolutions to what the secret was. they were things like him going overseas forever by the end of this year, him being with another girl, or him buying my late birthday present. and what was the secret? for the whole month, he had been looking for a suit to wear to my semi-formal. that secret to me.. made me so unbelievably happy. was he really willing to do all that just for me? now thinking that he worked long hours and put so much time, money and effort into searching for what to wear, just for me.. he even had to lie to me to hide that secret, but gosh, that was such a good lie. i totally fell for it.

Back to meeting him at the lobby, i gave him the corsage so he could give it to me. that was all i wanted him to do. it didnt matter that we both shared in the cost of it, that i had to pick it up and have it first (and the fact the box was clear!! ==" in the end i had to give in to temptation and look at it). the act of him putting the corsage on my wrist was what made me really happy :) janice was recording us.. i think. hope she doesnt put it up on the internet, but her reading this, she probably would be more motivated to put it up. haha.....

Food? It was so.. umm.. well the presentation looked nice.. but it was all too fancy. the menu.. there were sooo many long complicated words, i got lost. the only thing that tasted normal was the chicken.. the beef was so weird. especially the beef for the entree. it had the texture of salmon D: the beef for main looked good but i reluctantly swapped with selena for chicken. was glad i did, it tasted okay. the beef looked rare when i saw the inside was red. as to how rare it was, dunno. looked pretty rare. haha. the cake for dessert was reallyyyy good. x)

Dancing. dont want to go there. i DONT dance =/ dancing was the main activity actually, which was a major dislike for me. i did look forward to slow dancing though. and being one of joy's many slow dance partners XD well guess what? it didnt happen :( the DJ was okay, he put on good songs but at times the techniques used made the song sound like it was disfunctioning. you know, when it freezes up and repeats the same 1 second of the song over and over again? he prob did that on purpose? but it sounded like it went for too long, that i actually wondered if it actually wasnt on purpose.

It seems like my night is going down with each paragraph right? well i would talk about how i didnt like the photos either, but nah :L instead i'll talk about being with the person i love the most - my boyfriend :) we did take heaps of photos together (in fact my mum's camera only has photos of us.. oh, and food.. awkward.. because my mum went through them an hour ago). we had a professional photo together as well. but i look bad, and he looks good :(

When the night ended i couldnt say a proper thankyou and goodbye to the others and especially my partner. i wish i couldve, but my dad had to come pick me up, and a hug and kiss wouldve made him go uneasy.. my dad actually offered him a ride though, and i wish he couldve accepted because taxis are expensive and i wanted to be with him a while longer.. AND i wanted him to get to know my dad more. but oh well.

In terms of being with my boyfriend at a semi-formal, it was the best night ever. I was so happy being him. I laughed a lot with him, danced, took photos, found out he wanted to look his best for me. That was enough to make my day. Well, night actually. Without him, i would be like i always am - just listening to conversations, trying to blend in with the crowd. I would feel so anti-social, like i always am. haha. Having someone who set his attention on me in a crowd full of beautifully dressed people.. is one of the best feelings ever <3

2 comments:

  1. aww emily. you were gorgeous >< this is really sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could actually be bothered reading it? O.O ahaha thankyou XD

    ReplyDelete