26 February 2014

Ep 21 + Last Week of Summer Hols!

Has anyone watched the latest episode of PLL this week?
I watched it just a few hours ago and it was SO intense and I'm hoping someone is up to date so I can rant all my feels D:

On another note, since this week is my last week of hols, I've kept myself really occupied.
On Monday I went to UNSW's O-Week and met up with a lot of my friends. I was there from around 11:40-2:15pm to grab some free stuff and renew memberships, then I headed to city to finally have sushi (which I had been craving for weeks back then) and go to karaoke as well as play a bit of pool. Had to leave early so I could watch Pompeii back at uni, surprised that even after arriving there 40 mins late, it still hadn't started yet because it was too bright. The movie took me by complete surprise, I thought I would find it boring just from hearing what it would be about (on Facebook) and even 10 mins into the movie, I got a bad impression that it would be a bloody kind of movie.. but by the end, like everyone else, I ended up cheering on the protagonists and hoping they would defeat all the bad guys. After the movie, a new friend walked with me for a bit of the way home and we had a really deep conversation about their personal life. It was interesting to see a complete different side of them, because this person was extremely outgoing and confident, but after that day, I saw their very quiet, reserved side.

So that was Monday, on Tuesday I had a friend's birthday party at Bronte beach (the same friend that I met at uni this year in my bridging course), so it was my first time celebrating with him and his friends. At first because I barely knew anyone and was shy as ever, I just stuck with the people I knew for majority of the day, but about 2 hours before I had to leave, I actually mustered up the courage to stick with some newer friends and get introduced/get to know their other friends. No regrets, I made friends with some really interesting people, one was studying to be a makeup artist, another had no shame in being physically affectionate, one was sort of in the same position as me and didn't know anyone else at the party except the host.
I had to be the first one to leave, around 7:00pm because I was already extremely late to meet my friend at the airport to farewell them for a year. Technically we were meant to meet at 7 but they themselves were running a little late too and was gonna get there around 7:30pm. At first I thought it would take 45 mins max to head to airport from where I was, but I was SO wrong, while I was on the bus to Bondi Junction, I checked the timetable and realised the next bus to the airport would arrive at the destination at 8:30pm! D: I wanted to mentally cry, I thought I would be so late that I would get to see my friend a last time T__T But in the end I ended up catching a taxi there, which shortened the destination time to 7:40pm, at the cost of $50 - expensive but I don't care, friendship was at stake lol.
Well when I arrived everything well perfectly well, I barely missed on anything, and I guess that's all that mattered. I really wanted to cry after my friend headed past the gates, but everyone was like "everybody, man up. save tears for home." That night when I got home, I didn't really have time to cry, as I chatted with a friend over the phone and had a nice conversation.
On a sidenote, I don't know if its because I've watched too many movies or something but I really do cry whenever I say goodbye to my cousins in Indonesia every time I board a train back to someplace 8 hours away from where they are. Same with when I farewell someone at the airport. I don't know, that's just me haha.
On another sidenote, I seem to really like having long phone calls with friends. Sometimes I do feel frustrated because I can't do certain things while I'm on the phone, but overall, being in a conversational phone call has more benefits than disadvantages so yeah :) It's nice to have company/someone to talk to when I'm just at home doing random stuff or chilling.

And lastly to summarise today :) I went on a short day road trip to Central Coast with some uni friends. We didn't do too much and probably actually most of our time in the car being driven but it was still a chill day. I guess today I just wasn't as up to it, because I found myself either sleeping or not talking much today, but I guess part of it was to do with being slightly cramped in a sometimes humid car ride for most of the time? When we got to Central Coast, we just ate in a shopping mall. I had the worst asian noodles there btw.. I forgot what the shopping centre was called but if I could remember, I'd tell you guys now, don't eat there :O ..Well the taste wasn't bad, but for an asian restaurant, they sold a really unauthentic noodle dish =/ But I ended up getting dessert after that, so I ended up leaving the mall more satisfied with my food than before. After that we went to the beach and I just enjoyed being in the water for a bit, then we had fun burying one of the guys with sand :D We then stopped by a nearby food shop for chips and we played card games in the outdoor seating area. After that we just headed home, most of the time music was playing and we did play some Disney and Wiggles songs, that we had fun singing/dancing to. I was really really surprised that the Wiggles songs were nostalgic and really lifted the mood for me, because initially I thought I would just fall asleep again by hearing it lol.

And yeah that was my week summarised so far :)
I'm really excited for tomorrow, I'm accompanying a friend to the O-Week just so they can get their much anticipated fairy floss, then after that probably lunch and either go to the beach or watch a movie. I swear if we decide to go to the beach, that will be my third day in a row, going to the beach LOL. But I don't mind, the last two days I didn't enjoy it to the full potential as I didn't bring a change of clothes so I couldn't go deep into the water. Hopefully this time around will be different, and even if not, theres heaps of other stuff to do :D Then after that, at night I'm heading to uni for the blackout party with a friend that I haven't met up with for ages! I was actually gonna buy the ticket tonight but thank goodness I bought it earlier this morning out of boredom, because apparently they're sold out now :O It's actually my first time going to this kind of event, so I do have an imagination of how it could possibly turn out.. Actually my main reason for wanting to go to it was because lately I had been wanting to try going to a club at least once, but that's nearly impossible for me to do, as my absolutely latest curfew at city 10:00pm (even that is really pushing my curfew already), and clubs aren't even really started at that time =/ I know this isn't a club, but I'm guessing it has a party atmosphere so that's a good enough second alternative :) But yeah that's my rough plan for tomorrow, nothing major has happened yet so until next time, keep you all updated on what happens, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment