02 June 2014

June; Winter


こんにちは!
As promised this is part 2 and today I'll be talking about my daily essentials favourites :)

Here are the products that I will be mentioning:


First things first, is the base! I like to go extremely natural and let my face breathe, so I'm not one to wear foundation, but if I do notice some imperfections I'd like to cover up, I'd use this:


This is Loreal's Nude Magique CC Cream in Anti-Redness, so as the name suggests, I use this product mainly only when there red spots on my skin :)

Now this product I didn't list above, but before I go into any eye makeup, I'm always sure to use this first:


This product might be unknown to a lot of westerners, but to asians who weren't born with double eyelids, products like these can make a big difference. 

Unfortunately I was one of the many that weren't blessed with good eyelids. I don't have any monolids.. but I don't have double eyelids either, instead I'm an in-between, which is crazy to believe even exists! On top of that, I've always had uneven eyelids, my left eye tends to be a double eyelid whereas my right eye is more of a monolid. 

With all that being said, I use this product to even it out and make it 10 times more easier to put on makeup :) This is Koji Eyetalk Excellent (strongest out of their Eyetalk range but also the most expensive!)


Now with even eyelids, I move on to my eyeliner :D


I used to swear by liquid liner for years, so much, that I bought this a while ago:


It was my second time purchasing the Loreal Super Liner, as it was really good and a friend of mine personally recommended it to me. I had already used it about 5 times before deciding to experiment with gel liner and since then, I've never gone back to liquid! Safe to say, I've been completely converted even after all these years with liquid liner hahaha
Even after converting to gel liner, I tried on my liquid liner again but actually found it hard to use, after already getting used to gel liner lol.

Back to the gel, the one I use is Bobby Brown Long-Lasting Gel Liner in 'Black Ink'. An avid user of liquid, at first I wasn't used to the softer duller look that gel gave and putting it on in the first place was like the hardest thing ever, but the transition was worth it! I could rant on about this, but for any liquid users interested in trying out gel, the transition process is a downright struggle (or maybe thats just me), but in time you'll get used to it :)

Anyway let's move on! After liner comes the lashes:


Hearing good reviews about this one, I use Shiseido's eyelash curler.



This is Clinique's High Impact Mascara and it was given to me as a birthday present by Jeremie (thankyou!). I love this one because it makes my lashes look both fuller and longer, and helps to keep the curl in my lashes :)

I used to use this one because I heard good reviews about it:


But the brush is totally not suited to my lashes, for me personally it doesn't give me fuller looking lashes and clumps easily. All I've found that it does, is make the lashes you already have, look thicker, but it doesn't really do it for me since I have sparse lashes. So after switching to Clinque, I've avoided this one all together.

Lastly, the lips!
For those who know me well, I swear by this product and have solid proof:


Those are all legit empty Maybelline Baby Lips there :O
The sides of my mouth used to always split, minimum once every two month, even after using Vaseline jelly, but since switching to this one, I very rarely suffer from it anymore. Halleluia. The only downside to Baby Lips is that it wears out very very easily, leaving your bare lips susceptible to dryness very often unless you reapply it again. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I've used up so much? But honestly, it feels great not having split sides as often anymore, it's worth it!

As a very subtle finish, I might occasionally use this:


Rimmel Lasting Finish in shade 077 Asia, it's quite a natural shade that I dab very lightly on my lips to prevent them from looking pale, although I don't encounter this problem too much thankfully :)

Finally when the day ends, I remove all my makeup using Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover. I forgot to take a picture of this one so I just found one on the internet:


I used to use Maybelline Express Care Eye&Lip Remover, which I had no trouble with, but I can't find them on the shelves anymore? Apparently they had a package transformation (which, might I say, looks really pretty! especially compared to the old package), but I couldn't even find that, so I don't know, I just researched for good ones and heard the wipes version of this was good, so I bought the liquid version. I personally find both my old and new remover are just as good, both don't break me out, so that's a plus, and both are decent in removing makeup :)

And it comes to an end! There are some products that I bought a few months ago, that I wanted to show you guys and am excited to try out once my current ones are finished, but I'll leave that till next time. Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post noms! Aww try the garnier ones for removers! The pink lidded one is good for face and lips! but the half oil/half water one by garnier is GREAT for eyes! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks slee! :D i'll definitely try them out :)

    ReplyDelete